Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point or HACCP is a Systematic Quality Method for Food, Dairy Products and Beverage Industry including services to detect and control the possible Chemical, Physical and Biological hazards within a process. HAACP is used to assure food safety in its entire life cycle from production to consumption. Under HAACP if any nonconformity happens, it can be detected and corrected to ensure that any potentially unsafe product is not consumed.
It involves the following elements :
- Analysis of hazards
- Identification of critical control points
- Establishing preventive measures with critical limits for each control point
- Establishing procedures to monitor the critical control points
- Establishing corrective actions to be taken when monitoring shows that a critical limit has not been met
- Establishing effective record keeping to document the HACCP system